03 August 2010

hot and humid

I wish I was in SF right now....the weather is terrible here. It has been a lazy day, but quite a few phone calls. Maggie will be moving out of our basement and into her new apartment in Urbana. She is so excited and I can relate to that about 50 some years ago when I was moving to Urbana. It seems like a long time ago and then again it seems like not so long ago.

I thought my life what be perfect leaving the Univ., however, you sometimes have to walk through the fire as it comes to you. Life is not perfect....but I still think we need to think that it will be so we can look forward to the happy times.

Now at 74 I wonder what is ahead for me...., things I don't do any more.....wear high heels, shorts, halters, but I am basically the same as I was in my 20s. I have more shoes and I never did like to drive.

More later,

Pat

No comments: