08 August 2010

Sunday struggle

We went to church this a.m. and out to lunch, came home and watched an old video of Maggie and Jane when they were at Franklin. It really does not seem that long ago, but really it has been 12 years.

Today I am struggling with the thoughts of why we are still in this house. I look around and I love what I see and I would be sad to leave. Everyday there are so many things that need to be done that we either don't have time...or money or ambition to do. Perhaps we would be better in a smaller place, but then how would we get along...as we are rarely together in the house...hmmmm. There are way....too many "things" in this house. This too shall pass....stay tuned...I think looking down the road to 75 and 80 years of age...are we really likely to be able to do even what we do today...which isn't much. Vern mowed the yard today and we haven't even had time to get the car washed since we returned from Cincinnati.

Gary is taking Jake to the stock car races tonight...I think I will stay home. Jake will stay overnight, but needs to go home early, as Gary works and I am going to WW in the morning.

Well, I think I will go watch Clint Eastwood for awhile....

Later,

Patsy Montana

No comments: